Day of Appointment
- Please make sure to be on time, there is no need to come early to your appointment. If you are going to be later than 15 minutes please let us know.
- ID: The state of Colorado requires you to bring an ID with you at the time of your appointment for your paperwork. You must be 18 to get tattooed in CO, there are NO "with a parent" exemptions.
- Wear comfortable clothes. If you have longer hair, you might like to have a hair tie with you to put it up.
- Bring something to drink and a snack if you like: We have water available at the shop, but if you have a preference past that its a good idea to bring something with you.
- I am able to only accept cash at this time.
Aftercare and Follow up
- Leave your tattoo bandaged overnight. 12-24 hours is fine so don't feel like you have to rush to take it off first thing in the morning.
- Wash the tattoo really well, in whatever temperature water is comfortable to you. It does not have to be scalding or frigid to work properly. Soap like Dial is fine.
- Pat your tattoo dry with a paper towel. It should not be goopy or sticky anymore. If it looks like it might be, or is a bit shiny, go ahead and wash it off again and make sure to get the sticky layer off of those spots.
- We will give you a small packet of Aquaphor to use on your tattoo while it is healing.
- Apply Aquaphor very lightly. You want to make sure to rub it in about the same as you would if you were putting lotion on your hands, it shouldn't be laid on thick at all. Your tattoo needs air to heal, too. Aquaphor should be used when the tattoo is feeling tight or itchy only. If it doesn't feel that way, don't use it. Your body will let you know when it needs some moisture.
- After about 3-4 days you can switch to a fragrance free hand lotion, keeping the same idea in mind of "applying when itchy".
- Flaking is normal. If you have some heavier scabbing or cloudiness make sure you refrain from picking or over-worrying. It will heal eventually, and let us know if you need a touch-up when the tattoo is done healing.
While your tattoo is healing you probably want to take a break from the gym at least for a few days. Don't re-cover your tattoo for any reason, especially with anything that will trap moisture against it. Loose clothes are fine. Wait to go swimming for a couple of weeks post-appointment. If you have other questions regarding the healing process please feel free to get in touch with us, we are happy to help!
Sol tribe Tattoo & body piercing
56 broadway, Denver, co 80203